Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Man, I Feel Like a...

What?! What do I feel like?! I'll tell you, but don't judge. I feel like a woman. Let's let that sink in, now know I'm a guy, now know that this is not how I really feel. It's a song by Shania Twain, one that I discovered around middle school when it was what my mom listened to. So, being a middle schooler, and hearing it all the time, I grew to enjoy it. I borrowed the CD and listened to it as much as my mom had. I enjoyed it enough to grace my friend Cody with hearing it. He too took a liking to it, Man, I Feel Like a Woman being our favorite song.

We listened to it non-stop, we learned all the words and sang it as loud as we could. We didn't care about the potential strange looks we got from others, which I'm sure we got plenty, and even now I'm sure we wouldn't care.

I remember one moment when we were sing that song, it was a beautiful sunny day and Cody and I were just outside of his garage, listening to the music coming from it. I don't remember exactly what we were doing outside, perhaps basketball, inventing something, eating food off one of the cars, whichever it was we were singing along to the song while doing it. Unknowingly to us, Cody's dad had come to the garage to get something and witnessed Cody and I proudly proclaiming how wonderful it was to be a woman. Again, I don't exactly remember, but I'm pretty sure that when his dad told us he saw us we exchanged looks and started laughing.

I know it may not be the most interesting story out there, but I heard the song the other day and decided to write about the memories it brings back. As I write this I just had an idea, there are so many songs that are apart of our lives, Cody's and mine that is, that we should start a series of posts telling the stories of our lives in which songs are involved. Yeah, I like this idea, let's do it.

Yes Yes

Pops


1 comment:

  1. The best thing about being a woman is the prerogative to have a little fun! FUN! FuN!! ;) i got ur vibe on memories..Do the memory of when you both first became best friends or met..just an idea. -hopskotch

    ReplyDelete