Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Make it happen

      Everyone has been to the point in their life when you are just not satisfied.  Well I've been here on multiple encounters.  My most recent one, today.  Most of you know the events that have occurred in the past few years of my young life.  For those of you who are clueless, strap in, you're about to.
      June 30, 2007.  Pennsylvania to Texas.  That date marks the point in time where my life took a drastic turn.  Sometimes I think for the better, sometimes for the worse.  I spent my entire childhood in Pennsylvania. It was all I would ever come to know for 16 years. Moving to Texas was not only a broad change in scenery, but also the way of life.  I myself, had been changing after time had passed.  Again, sometimes I think for the better, sometimes for the worse. I'm not going to go into detail with the changes, (Some things are better left unsaid)  but I will tell you this.  I would not change a thing.
      In every form of transformation I have endured, I have learned something.  I would not be the man I have become today if not for these changes.  I'm proud of who I have become-so far, we never seize to grow.  The most important thing I will walk away with from this, is the insight of knowing what you have before it's gone.  That is all the light I will shed on that subject.  No sharing stories, no telling you what I've lost. What is there, is what you get.  Harsh or not. Some things are better learned in solitary.
      Now to the meaning behind the title.  When daydreaming, I become surrounded by my thoughts. Almost as if taking to a new world beyond our own-who doesn't? In this time of fool's paradise I found myself staring at my wrist.  On my wrist, a bracelet reading "Make It Happen."  Then as if waking from a slumber, I realize. How can you put a price on true happiness? Meaning, why do the things you dread doing, when you could put that effort into what you love?  The solution.  Do what you love to do the most.-Also an accessory I wear for a reminder.  And what you read just before this sentence, is exactly what I will do.  I encourage you to do the same.  Life, it's just to short.

2 comments:

  1. Its crazy how writing out thoughts especially of urself can make u understand them more clearly then when ur thinkin em.. I'm gnna enjoy this.. -hopskotch

    ReplyDelete